Saturday 27 September 2014

Confidence

It is OK to admit failure and defeat, right? How does one event erode at your confidence and leave you second guessing your choices?
Before

I recently took on a furniture refinishing project. I was inspired by my friend who owns Fresh Vintage in Swift Current. I wanted to update some shelves to put in the baby room, which by the way, does not currently exist. The city denied our permit application, so we are back to the drawing board. Anyway, she recommended trying van Gogh fossil paint. I chose 2 colors, white and turquoise or rather, their paint color names chalk and confidence.




After
Creating a shabby chic look is not easy. My first attempt left me wondering what I had gotten myself into. The shelves were drab and lacking color and style. I was tempted to abandon the project. I joked with Daryl that I needed more "confidence". As I continued the project, I still doubted. Again joking with Daryl that I was almost out of "confidence". Will I have enough "confidence" to finish the shelves? Yes, the joke got old quickly. However, in the end, I was pleased with the result.

This parenting gig can also leave you feeling like your confidence has been depleted.

When a random stranger bangs on your wall at 3 a.m. because your little one is crying, it makes you wonder why you travel and upset their little routines. Making hasty decisions in the middle of the night doesn't help the situation either.

I am not sure if anyone came out the victor, but I do think the baby is one point up.

A note to the person in apartment 805. We live in community and somehow we need to navigate our way through this sleep transition phase. We are doing our best. We all want a quiet stress free night.

May the odds ever be in your favor.

Lacking confidence
A little more confidence



No comments:

Post a Comment